Thursday, August 11, 2011

Some lovely vintage sewing things...

I just thought I'd show some lovely little things that came from the massive 20 lb box of sewing notions I brought back from my visit to the States. Thanks to Mom, of course!

From Top Left to bottom right:
  • Traum Dressmaker Guide, ruler with different sized scallops, notches, circles and whatnot to make sewing and drafting easier. LOVE IT.
  • Warrens Feratherbone, sew in boning... in a pretty, pretty box.
  • Button hole Guide, self explanitory.
  • Wilsnap Shoulder Strap Loop: sew in loops that can be attached to your shoulder seam allowance to keep bra or slip straps from getting away from you.
  • 5 1/2" plaid silk ribbon, perfect for a belt or sash, and oh so soft.
  • Pretty, shiny red buttons.

2 comments:

  1. These are great! Especially the scalloped ruler!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I also have a Traum Dressmaker Guide tool but I don't know what to do with it. Can you enlighten Me? Is this only for people who make their own patterns? What can you do with all the notches, scallops and geometric shapes? Any information you might be able to give would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete