Friday, February 11, 2011

Simplicity 2076

I just wanted to share a pattern from my collection. This 1930s pattern reminds me of the safari style that's always flitting back in and out of style. Could I make this contemporary, do you think?
The description reads: Dress and Bolero. The skirt with an inverted pleat at center front joins the blouse at the waistline. The gathered sleeves can be short and linked or full length. The simple bolero is made with long sleeves. Patch pockets trim the dress and bolero.
I'm going through my collection (massive) and I'll be re-opening my etsy shop soon to 'recirculate' some of my stash. Perhaps I'll make this one up and add it to the sale pile.

Soon to come: A very long post on the slip that just won't die, pictures of the shirt that I sewed for Mike (finished, but good luck wrangling a man for pictures) and maybe even another lingerie project.

Some things to check out:
This auction has been a real pleasure to follow. This is the stash of the century of 36 AMAZING  patterns that are (quite rightfully) climbing to a fortune.

And always good for a giggle, Clothed Minds is a short, funny glimpse into what those ladies in the pattern illustrations are really thinking.
Image from Clothed Minds Blog.

1 comment:

  1. I do believe that I have seen almost every single one of those patterns in mom's stash... You might ask her for the ones that you can't live with out.

    ReplyDelete